In partnership with the Head Baseball Coach, oversees, organizes, and directs all aspects of a highly competitive Division III Baseball program in support of the mission and core values of Union College. The position will include a secondary responsibility assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coaching and Leadership: Recruits and retains high achieving student-athletes. Builds relationships with players to provide mentorship, guidance, and support both on and off the field. Works to enhance the student-athlete experience through training, competition, and leadership development.
- Program Oversight and Administration: Adheres to NCAA rules and compliance. Manages the team budget including recruitment, equipment, travel, uniforms, and supplies. Oversees team travel arrangements and scheduling. Recruits, hires, and supervises assistant coaches.
- Team Development and Innovation: Contributes ideas, input, and support to the Union Athletics Department. Seeks out, applies, and shares knowledge of sport trends and innovations in playing and teaching.
- Collaboration and Fundraising: Partners with campus stakeholders, particularly College Relations, to coordinate fundraising and alumni outreach. Builds strong relationships with alumni, fans, campus partners and the broader community. Connects student-athletes with academic and professional resources.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or a combination of relevant education, training, certifications, and/or work experience. Previous collegiate coaching or playing experience preferred.
- Experience in leading, motivating and providing guidance to high achieving and competitive student-athletes.
- Experience in recruiting and successfully identifying talented prospective student-athletes who can thrive in a rigorous academic environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends is required.
- Ability to lift moderately heavy items (up to 30 lbs.) and stand, bend and stoop for extended periods of time.
- A valid New York State driver’s license is required.