The responsibilities of an Assistant Coach include creating strategies for the team, instructing the players, and providing mentorship. To be successful you should have solid knowledge of soccer and its rules, be able to develop winning strategies, and have good communication skills.
- Assist, as directed by the head coach, in attracting/recruiting a talented roster of participants to include a combination of H.S. event, practice, campus and/or home visits, using technology and other successful recruitment methods. An expectation that recruits' academic history, character, background, ability, financial/family support, commitment etc. will become known and result in a successful experience at our institution.
- Assist with orientation of athletes to MCC and the sports program.
- Understand and commit to appropriate and safe athlete conditioning activities. (Conditioning is not to be perceived as disciplinary).
- Knowledge and ability to instruct athletes in fundamental and advanced college-level techniques as appropriate. Excellent teaching ability and an understanding of the different learning styles of students.
- Assist with retention and advancement of players with concentration on academic, athletic and personal growth and success.
- Scout opponents in those sports having this as a normal expectation.
- Two years work experience in sports or recreation administration or related environment.
- Certification in First Aid and CPR/AED or obtain prior to employment; Valid Driver's License.
- Valid Illinois driver's license/clean driving record.
- Knowledge about college athletics/sports.