The Assistant Baseball Coach assists the Head Baseball Coach with directing and supervising the operation of the baseball program within the rules and regulations of the NCAA, Southland Conference, Texas State University System and Lamar University. The position requires a commitment to compliance and academics leading to graduation of student-athletes. The position requires active involvement in the community for fundraising purposes.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Assists the Head Baseball Coach with a variety of administrative duties.
- Assists the Head Baseball Coach with on field coaching during practice and competition, primarily focusing on the pitchers.
- Available to the news media on appropriate occasions as determined by the Head Baseball Coach in conjunction with the Assistant Athletics Director for Media Relations.
- Assists in developing a successful recruiting program and will attempt to recruit the best students as well as athletes.
- Recognizes and promotes the best interest of the student-athletes both academically and athletically – encouraging each to graduate.
- Actively participates in fundraising and development along with the Head Baseball Coach and Athletics Director.
- Assists the Head Baseball Coach with running a program within budget guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1 – 2 years NCAA Division I coaching, specifically working with pitchers and/or NCAA Division I playing experience as a pitcher required.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules required.
- Strict adherence to established NCAA, Southland Conference, Texas State University System and Lamar University rules and regulations is required. A violation of these rules and regulations can lead to disciplinary action including termination.