Manhattan College, an NCAA Division I institution, and member of the Metro-Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC), is seeking a qualified candidate for a part-time position as Assistant Coach for the Baseball Program to recruit, develop and retain qualified student-athletes and assist in all aspects of conducting the program.
- Assists in identifying and recruiting prospective student-athletes.
- Responsible for practice preparation and setup of game day field.
- Assists with the organization of team meals.
- Assist with the Strength and Conditioning Program for student-athletes.
- Utilizes ARMS software system.
- Attends regularly scheduled department meetings.
- Responsible for the care and maintenance of sport equipment.
- Works with baseball student-athletes on Summer Baseball Programs.
- Maintains a professional relationship with student-athletes, colleagues and administrators.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years of coaching experience at the Division I level.
- Assertive, motivated, outgoing and resourceful with the ability to maintain a professional demeanor while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Thorough knowledge of all NCAA, MAAC and institutional governing conduct of intercollegiate athletics.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with campus constituents.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Required to travel and work nights, weekends and some holidays.