- Assist in practice sessions and the education of student-athletes in the development of techniques, skills and theory of the sport.
- Identify and evaluate prospective student athletes who are good fits for the university both athletically and academically; communicating with PSAs and families; processing official and unofficial visits while communicating through the completion of necessary admissions and university documents.
- Aid in preparation for opponents through video break-down and subsequent written assessments.
- Monitor the conditioning and training of team members in conjunction with athletic trainers.
- Comprehend and operate by standards set forth in the NCAA and APU Manuals while working cooperatively with university coaches, staff, and faculty and community members.
- Aid in education and enforcement of NCAA rules as they relate to documentation and input of information in JumpForward and the NCAA Institutional Request List (IRL).
- Assist with team travel arrangements.
- Appropriate knowledge of current thinking in areas of sport techniques and strategy, conditioning, fitness, and leadership and program management.
- Ability to appropriately lead, motivate, and mentor student-athletes.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team, as well as an independent contributor.
- Good communication skills: both oral and written.
- Responsible driving skills.