The Assistant to the head Coach in planning, programming, directing, supervising, and implementing the duties and functions of the Men’s Baseball program. The Assistant Coach must work closely with all others involved in the EPAC, Region XIX and the College in carrying out the mission and objectives of the intercollegiate athletic program. The Head Coach reports directly to the Assistant Athletic Director.
- Assist in creating an atmosphere of and demonstrate a commitment to compliance with all applicable NJAA and Region 19 conference and institutional policies, rules and regulations.
- Assist the head coach in teaching and demonstrating specific basketball skills.
- Recruit, train, and coach student-athletes participating on the Baseball team and serves as a mentor and exercises leadership, especially to the baseball student-athletes and assistant coaches.
- Support student athlete academics and athletic excellence, leadership development, team development and community service.
- Assist the head coach in providing oversight for all aspects of the program including team travel, practice scheduling, competition scheduling, game management, fundraising, recruiting, and monitoring the academic progress of student athletes.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the department's Title IX and gender equity plans.
- Engage in effective communications to support relationships with student athletes, families, alumni, and friends.
Experience & Education:
- Associate degree from an accredited college or university (bachelor’s degree preferred).
- 1-4 years of previous baseball coaching experience at high school, AAU or college level.
- Previous coaching experience at two-year or four-year college level preferred.
- Knowledge of NJCAA rules and regulations a plus.
- Experience as a former athlete in a baseball program at high school or college level a plus.
- Must have a valid state issued drivers' license.