Responsible for assistance and organization to the administration of a university athletic program including the recruitment of student athletes, coaching, mentoring, instructing, practice management, athletic team competition management, and the retention of student athletes.
- Primary duty/responsibility is teaching, mentoring, instructing and imparting knowledge, to student athletes, as a part of an athletic team and program.
- Participates as a member of a coaching team to recruit, retain, and graduate student-athletes, contributing to the success of the program and vibrancy of campus life. Provide ongoing support to student-athletes concerning their academic progress toward degree completion.
- Provides support to Head Coach in the administration of the program including fund and friend raising for the advancement of the program.
- Provides ongoing support and conversation to student athletes to assure a strong relationship and support with the athlete and family, guide student athletes in all aspects of program participation.
- Contributes toward meeting team enrollment targets and the retention of student athletes.
- Collaborates with and support other coaches and personnel within the athletic department.
- Ensures adherence to the NAIA and rules and regulations including the NAIA Champions of Character 5 core values.
- Provides leadership to student athletes regarding campus involvement and community service.
STANDARD UNIVERSITY EXPECTATIONS:
- Manage your staff consistent with university personnel policies. Encourage collaboration among the staff, provide regular evaluation and feedback, and facilitate developmental opportunities.
- Encourage collaboration among university departments assuring effective communication and operations.
- Understand the Universitys policies, procedures, and exercise good judgment accordingly. Assure that University and student information is managed in a confidential and ethical manner in accordance with the Universitys Code of Conduct and Ethics.
- Provide leadership through conduct, attitude, and professionalism. Represent the University to students, external groups, faculty, and staff in a way that reflects positively on the University.