Under the general supervision of the Head Baseball Coach, the Assistant Baseball Coach provides support and assistance with all aspects of the intercollegiate baseball program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In cooperation with the Head Baseball Coach, the Assistant Baseball Coach develops and maintains a system to identify potential recruits and to work closely with area high school coaches and parents to recruit quality student athletes to Marion Military Institute.
- Works in conjunction with the Head Baseball Coach to encourage the development of psychological, social, and mental skills necessary for the student athletes to be successful in the classroom, on the court, and in future endeavors.
- Works with Admissions and Financial Aid to expedite the registration, admissions, and other administrative processing of all student athletes.
- Under the direction of the Head Baseball Coach, the Assistant Baseball Coach is assigned to work with selected athletes on various game day situations.
- Works with the Head Baseball Coach in developing line-ups, game strategies, and individual work-out and practice needs for various student athletes.
- Serves as a role model for the student athletes by exhibiting ethical and professional conduct at all times.
- Represents Marion Military Institute at various civic events, throughout the community.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Playing and/or coaching experience at the collegiate level; preferred experience coaching pitchers.
- Experience in recruiting quality student athletes to a collegiate baseball program.
- Experience in baseball field maintenance.
- Ability to evaluate baseball talent based on traditional scouting methods and performance-based statistical analysis.
- Working knowledge of NJCAA rules and regulations and competitive baseball strategies and training techniques.
- Ability to effectively communicate both within and outside the College including, but not limited to, student athletes, parents, recruits, coaches, civic, and business leaders.
- Ability to work as a support individual within a group setting.