EXAMPLES OF SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the head coach with all aspects of teaching skills and strategies for the sport of baseball during practice and games in the traditional and non-traditional seasons (more than 50%).
- Provide individual instruction in the sport of baseball with special attention to pitching and fielding.
- Assist the head coach in the creation of individual plans, while adhering to all NCAA bylaws.
- Assist the head coach with student-athlete welfare, physical health, team concepts and safety.
- Assist the head coach in coordinating team logistics with Athletic Department staff and other support personnel such as managers, scorekeepers, etc.
- Adhere to and support all rules, conditions and regulations as set forth by Framingham State University, Conference affiliations and the National Collegiate Athletic Association pertaining to all aspects of the team's management.
- Responsible for reporting to the Equal Opportunity Officer or Title IX Coordinator knowledge or receipt of reports of discrimination, discriminatory harassment, and retaliation from students or other members of the university community.
- Bachelor's degree required; master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of coaching and/or playing experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences (i.e., students, parents, faculty, staff, alumni, administration and community).
- Ability to work evening, weekends, and holidays as playing and practice season schedule dictates.
Framingham State University is an equal opportunity employer.