West Virginia University Institute of Technology (WVU Tech), part of the WVU system of campuses located in Beckley, WV is currently inviting applications for a part-time Assistant Baseball Coach.
What you'll do:
- On field coaching responsibilities as assigned by the head coach.
- Assist with preparation for competitions.
- Assist in evaluating talent in current and prospective student-athletes.
- Assist in organizing and conducting a strength conditioning program.
- Assist in coordinating team meetings, athletic study halls for athletes, strength and conditioning work outs, etc.
- Assist in monitoring the academic progress, eligibility, retention rates and graduation rates of players.
- Assist in disciplining and monitoring conduct of student-athletes.
- Remain current and adhere to all Institutional, NCAA and/or NAIA rules.
- Assist in compiling annual inventories and preparing for equipment purchases according to state purchasing policies.
- Assist with fundraising responsibilities and working with outside groups to receive funds for athletics.
- Assist in maintaining a competitive team.
- Assist with recruiting quality student athletes that meets the criteria established by the Athletic Administration.
- Successful coaching experience preferred.
- Collegiate playing experience can substitute.
- Ability to work positively with administration, athletic department staff, students and the Director of Athletics in developing and maintaining a good working relationship with the institution and the community.
- Excellent computer skills.