The successful candidate will possess the ability to recruit, develop, coach and assist a university men’s baseball program within the standards of The University of Olivet, the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). Details follow this posting.
- Assists and directs the operations of The University of Olivet Men’s Baseball program within the standards of The University, the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
- Assists in educating/coach student-athletes in the sport of baseball.
- Assists in consistent, accurate, and varied pitches during batting practice and utilizing fungo hitting techniques during practice.
- Possesses strong baseball knowledge, effective communication abilities, and a passion for coaching/player development.
- Recruits prospective student-athletes according to the enrollment goals and admissions standards of The University of Olivet and the eligibility requirements of the MIAA and NCAA.
- Assists in the selection of team members.
- Assists with schedules and coordinates competition schedules, team travel accommodations, team tryouts, practices, meetings, individual workouts and conditioning sessions.
- The ideal candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree and adequate knowledge about the fundamentals and techniques of baseball obtained through previously coaching at the high school and/or university level. Must be able to be cleared to drive university vehicles.
Along with the educational and sport experience, serious consideration will be given to the candidate whose characteristics coincide with the following principals: maintains and promotes the academic pursuits of The University of Olivet student-athletes; complies with and reinforces the Comet Athletic Program’s rules and mission; acts professionally and communicates appropriately with The University’s students, coaches, administration, staff, alumni and spectators; possesses a willingness to develop professionally.