The assistant coach reports to and works closely with the Head Coach along with other assistant coaches and volunteers to determine goals and direction of the program. The assistant coach is responsible for the health, safety and welfare of every student athlete participating on their team for Ogden School District.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Coordinate the training, instruction, conditioning, and selection of athletes at all levels within the program.
- Follows and meets all expectations set forth by Ogden School District regarding the position of an assistant coach.
- Communicates with head coach regarding team questions and concerns.
- Develops and organizes effective practices for athletes that teach skills needed to compete in our conference.
- Supervises athletes and teams assigned to him/her and assumes supervising control over all athletes in the program when such control is needed.
- Demonstrates and generates among your staff and players an attitude of good sportsmanship and fair play.
- Adheres to the start and end dates of the season and rules pertaining to out of season coaching as determined by the UHSAA.
Education and Experience:
- A High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Coaching experience at a middle or high school level. Experience could also be extensive work with developmental programs.
- NFHS coaching certificate is preferred.
- Good Basic knowledge of the sport is preferred.