Under the direction of the building Athletic Director, building Principal, and district Athletic Director, the coach provides a comprehensive athletics program in the specified sport to include conducting practices, overseeing games and game strategy, educating and developing athletes, and complying with WIAA policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the sport in which the candidate is making application.
- Recent coaching experience, with K-12 athletes preferred.
- Current First Aid and CPR card, or ability to obtain prior to the established start date.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience which demonstrates strong organizational skills.
- Experience which demonstrates strong leadership skills
- Ability to work cooperatively with students and parents who are culturally, racially, and linguistically diverse.
- Develop and articulate a vision for the program that embraces character development and a positive experience for all athletes.
- Recruit student athletes for the coach’s school for participation.
- Conduct practices for the team that focus on proper technique and mechanics of the sport.
- Attend and supervise athletes at games, and execute game strategy.
- Attend yearly Coaches’ Institute training in August.
- Teach and demonstrate appropriate sportsmanship with athletes, parents and the school community.
- Organize, supervise, and evaluate practice sessions.
- Know and adhere to WIAA, league, district, and building rules and policies.
- Work both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Exposure to blood and other body fluids which may contain hazardous and/or infectious agents.
- Ability to lift and move moderately sized objects up to 50 pounds.