The Assistant Baseball Coach is responsible for providing effective leadership for, and day-to-day management of, the sports program. The assistant coach supports the academic mission of the college through athletics and recreation programs by teaching and demonstrating examples of leadership and value based decision making to student-athletes.
- Provides instruction, mentoring, coaching, evaluation of, and guidance to student-athletes to allow them to develop their athletic skills and abilities to maximum potential.
- Determines appropriate coaching methods and strategies in consultation with the Director of Athletics & Recreation.
- Provides effective leadership, mentoring and supervision to assistant coaches and volunteers.
- Provides assistance in scheduling and organizing intercollegiate contests.
- Develops and communicates practice schedules.
- Hire, train and supervise student workers in all Athletic facilities.
- Coordinate the work of others in lead capacity to process paperwork, review/approve time sheets and assist Student Supervisors.
- Coordinate and maintain Student Employee manuals and develop training programs.
- Represent department at meetings with Student Employment Manager, Office of Student & Post-Graduate Development.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Minimum of 1 year NCAA compliance experience; leadership experience with students.
- First Aid / CPR Certification is required.
- Successful Completion of NCAA coaches certification exam.
- Intermediate knowledge of Google Suite is required.
- Night and weekend work is required.
- Night and weekend travel is required.
- The ability and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with students, faculty and staff, and other constituencies is essential.