The Assistant Baseball Coach reports directly to the Head Baseball Coach and is responsible for assisting in the organization and administration of the baseball program in accordance with the rules and regulations of the University, Horizon League and NCAA.
- Recruit student-athletes in accordance with NCAA regulations and academic standards, as well as University academic requirements.
- Utilize recruiting platforms- Excel/GoogleDocs/ Jump Forward.
- Monitor the academics of the baseball student-athletes. Effectively communicate with Athletics Academic Advisor to ensure any academic concerns are being addressed.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of in-season practices, including team and individual workouts.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of out-of-season practices, including individual skill instruction and team workouts, focusing on the development of athletic skills to compete at the Division I level.
- Assist in all aspects of coaching including preparing and communicating scouting reports utilizing synergy and any other available information relevant to in game strategy and preparation.
- Division I playing experience.
- Collegiate coaching experience.
- Knowledge of Rapsodo/software.
Northern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. We embrace inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse groups is encouraged.