Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, conduct and monitor countable athletically-related activities per NCAA playing and practice regulations and department policy, including declaring the practice season, reporting weekly countable athletically-related activities adhering to sport-specific rules regarding voluntary activities and sport-specific safety exceptions.
- As a position or event specialist, evaluate student-athletes to identify strengths and deficiencies, and design instructional opportunities to improve technical and strategic execution based on sound motor learning and bio-mechanical principles.
- Collaborate with the Head Coach to incorporate position specific learning opportunities into daily practice design. Communicate with all members of the program's coaching staff regarding the progress and training activities of the specific group of student-athletes that coach is charged with overseeing.
- Assist in planning, conducting and supervising all practice and conditioning sessions, as is deemed appropriate.
- Provide leadership during instructional sessions, utilize given discretion in guiding students through the learning experience via a variety of teaching strategies, and alter skills as need to facilitate program needs.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-3 year of collegiate basketball coaching and recruiting experience essential.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must pass NCAA Certification Exam to recruit.
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.