This position will report to the Head Men’s Basketball Coach. The primary duty of the Assistant Basketball Coach is to assist the Head Coach in all aspects of coaching and instructing team members in the knowledge of the sport. May be responsible for individual student/athlete instruction in a specific area. The Assistant Coach will assist in evaluating and recruiting potential student-athlete.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and implement instructions for student-athletes in a specific area.
- Monitor the academic progress of student-athletes and provide encouragement, support, and referral assistance as appropriate.
- Ensure student-athletes thrive in academic excellence, character development, and social responsibility per the University’s strategic initiatives.
- Assist in the day-to-day operations, including but not limited to video breakdown, travel plans, equipment, and budget management.
- Assist with the identification, evaluation, and recruitment of student-athletes.
- Implement and develop fundraising strategies to support the annual operating budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Comply with NCAA rules and regulations and support NCAA DII.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Coaching and playing experience at the collegiate level.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate practical and excellent leadership, motivational, organizational, and interpersonal skills.