Assistant Basketball Coach and Athletics Equipment Coordinator is a full-time coaching and administrative position. The successful candidate will support the head basketball coach in coaching, organizing, and administering an intercollegiate varsity basketball program and overseeing the athletics equipment operations for the department.
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the head basketball coach in developing and implementing strategies to successfully recruit, yield, mentor, and retain a diverse group of academically and athletically talented student-athletes.
- Coach specific positions as assigned, in both team and individual settings.
- Assist the head coach in all aspects of running a competitive collegiate rowing program.
- Organize and manage training programs for assigned position groups including creating and conducting training plans for assigned student athletes as well as determine daily practice activities.
- Attend and support team needs at all practices and contests and specifically for assigned practice groups.
- Create a team environment that allows all student-athletes to grow and develop as students, athletes, leaders, and as individuals.
- Review opponent video and and create and provide scouting reports.
- The position requires a Bachelor’s degree.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with the ability to efficiently and effectively carry tasks out to completion.
- The ability to function effectively at a competitive liberal arts NCAA Division III college with highly selective academic standards.