Guide participating student athletes in the achievement of a high level of skill, discipline, sportsmanship and citizenship. To oversee and promote the athletic program in accordance with NFHS, IHSA and RPS #205 Board Policies and athletic handbook.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that all actions are in concert with Board policies as well as the mission statement, beliefs, objectives and parameters found in the Board’s strategic plan.
- Participates in job training and professional growth opportunities in order to enhance ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment.
- Plans and communicates with assistant coaching staff regarding practice schedule and competition strategies which ensure the health, physical well-being and success of student athletes.
- Coordinates fundraisers, athletic activity account deposits and distribution of funds in accordance with Board Policy.
- Manages the distribution and collection of uniforms and sport specific inventory.
- Ensures that all student athletes are in compliance with District requirements including athletic physicals, student code of conduct, athletic fees paid, academic eligibility and all other standards included in the district athletic handbook.
- Models/instills values of sportsmanship, citizenship and teamwork.
- Assists with the selection of assistant and volunteer coaches.
- Valid Illinois Teachers Certificate and/or Meets IHSA Criteria (Qualification of Coaches – 2.070).
- Previous coaching experience preferred.