ESSENTIAL JOB ELEMENTS:
- Teach the fundamental philosophy, skills, and techniques as directed by the head coach.
- Arrange for the issuing, storing, and reconditioning of equipment.
- Responsible for meeting with parents and participants prior to the start of the sport season.
- Follow program expectations, procedures and policies developed by head coach.
- Complete delegated duties as assigned by head coach.
- Evaluate payers and give input on practice scheduling.
- Have knowledge of athletic policies approved by the Eagle County Schools and CHSSA.
- Have knowledge and be able to implement CHSAA and league regulations.
- Assist in the necessary preparation to hold scheduled practices/sporting events or and adheres to scheduled facility times.
- Assist in providing documentation to fulfill state and system requirements concerning physical examination, parental consent, and eligibility, and proof of insurance.
- Monitor student athlete’s grades and conduct in regards to eligibility.
- Supervise athletic participants from the time they report to the practice site or game until they leave at the conclusion of the activity.
- Knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and at the same time must continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the field.
- Successful coaching experience in assigned sport.
- Demonstrated effective problem solving skills.