Reporting to the Head Coach, in conjunction with the Activities Director, the Assistant Coach carries out the aims and objectives of the activity as outlined by the Head Coach. To instruct athletes in individual and team fundamentals, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
- Assists the Head Coach in carrying out his/her responsibilities.
- Possesses knowledge of the existing system employed by the Head Coach and/or the capacity to learn the system.
- Teaches fundamentals of the sport, including rules and regulations and proper techniques for safe play as outlined by the Head Coach and the MSHSL.
- Creates a safe/positive environment and maintains discipline and cooperation.
- Assists in directing student managers and statisticians on respective teams.
- In conjunction with the Head Coach and other school personnel determines consequences and discipline when rules and expectations are violated and communicates the consequences to parents as determined by the Head Coach/school personnel.
- Experience coaching and/or participation in the activity.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all constituencies.
- Completion of all Minnesota State High School League On-Line Course requirements.