- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Valid Tennessee teaching certificate preferred.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
JOB GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
- To provide an atmosphere that promotes the development of skills necessary to allow student-athletes to participate at a competitive level.
- To provide a basketball program that is an extension of the overall academic program at Tennessee High School.
- To provide a basketball program that emphasizes academics, discipline, high morals, and team play.
- To provide a basketball program that builds a strong foundation that will prepare our student-athletes to become productive citizens.
- To provide a basketball program that promotes integrity and sportsmanship and teaches student-athletes to be aware that doing the right thing is more important than the outcome of a game.
- Provide supervision of student-athletes involved in Tennessee High Basketball.
- Assist the head coach with practices.
- Assist the head coach with coordinating all game day activities.
- Promote the basketball program in both the school and the community and serve as the spokesperson in the area of public relations for Tennessee High Basketball.
- Work cooperatively with school staff, student-athletes, and parents in promoting Tennessee High Basketball.
- Work cooperatively with coaches of other sports to ensure the overall success of Tennessee High Athletics.
- Perform all duties assigned by the head coach.
- Maintain and oversee the safety conditions of all dressing rooms, facilities, and equipment used by Tennessee High Basketball.