- Provide direct ongoing supervision of all athletes, manage before/during/after all practices/conditioning sessions, games/ travel and other school-sanctioned events.
- Develop appropriate objectives of the assigned sport/activity.
- Maintain knowledge of league and district rules and regulations related directly to the assigned sport/activity, student participation and parent/community involvement.
- Continually teach and emphasize safety procedures and precautions to all athletes.
- Manage the sport/activity budget, equipment and supply inventory, order all necessary equipment and ensure all equipment and facilities are maintained in a safe condition.
- Operate and maintain district equipment as required; insure their safe and proper use; protect the interest of the district regarding pilferage, loss, theft or abuse of all district facilities and equipment.
- Arrange for and manage all equipment repair and maintenance as required by the manufacturer, insurance provider, and district.
- Report, verbally and in writing, to the Head Coach, any equipment and/or facility found to be in an unsafe condition.
- Ability to motivate student athletes and interact positively with persons of different age groups and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with staff, administrators and community members.
Tumwater School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.