Assist the Head Coach with instruction of athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the Assistant Coach must instruct and demonstrate behaviors that lead to socially acceptable character development, self-discipline, self-confidence, and pride of accomplishment in the student athletes.
- Has the ability to assist in the organizing and supervision of a total sports program.
- Has previous successful coaching experience.
- The Assistant Coach must have substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and, at the same time, must continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the field.
- The Assistant Coach must serve as an appropriate role model for student athletes through his/her instructions and actions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides training rules and any other unique regulations of the sport to each athlete who is considered a participant.
- Directs student managers, assistants and statisticians.
- Maintains confidentiality when dealing with student, staff, and/or parent information.
- Is accountable for all equipment and collects the cost of any equipment lost or not returned.
- Arranges for issuing, storing and reconditioning of equipment and submits annual inventory and current records concerning same.
- Properly marks and identifies all equipment before issuing or storing.
- Monitors equipment rooms and coaches' offices, authorizes who may enter, issue or requisition equipment.
- Permits the athletes to only be in authorized areas of the building at the appropriate times.