Within the framework of the entire athletic program, the Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in leading the ongoing development and improvement of his or her sport through coordinating, planning, evaluation, and implementation of programs. All coaches have the responsibility of overseeing the program in the best interest of Girard College by adhering to the policies and regulation of the Penn-Jersey Athletic Association (P.J.A.A), the Pennsylvania Independent Schools Athletic Association (P.A.I.S.A.A.), as well as the practices and procedures of the school administration.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required and minimum of three years of coaching experience on the high school, collegiate level, and/or professional coaching experience or other related experience.
- The candidate must have completed the PIAA coaching education requirements at the time of hire.
- The candidate must possess outstanding interpersonal skills and a willingness to work with student-athletes, administration, faculty, and staff.
- The candidate must demonstrate interest in and an aptitude for performing all tasks listed.
- Responsible for team well-being during practice and games.
- Distribute equipment, supplies and uniforms to the players before the season. Also, collect all uniforms and equipment at the end of the season.
- Assist in transporting the team to games when necessary.
- Keep athletes safe and healthy.
- Follow the care plan of the Athletic Trainer for injured student-athletes.
- Attend staff meetings when called by the Athletic Director.