The assistant coach will work with the head coach and activities director to ensure the highest possible level of service is delivered to students while fostering a culture of academic excellence. Further, in conjunction with the head coach, the assistant coach will help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
- Coach individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Plans and schedules a regular program of practice in season.
- Works closely with the head coach to enforce discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times, and to establish and oversee penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
- Demonstrates effective human relations and communication skills.
- Assists the head coach with the organization and supervision of the sports program.
- Complies with good safety practices.
- Valid Missouri teacher certificate.
- Employment as a teacher in the Jefferson City School District.
- Previous coaching experience in assigned sport, preferred.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the board may deem appropriate.