To instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the coach must instruct and demonstrate behaviors that lead to socially acceptable character development, self discipline, self confidence, and pride of accomplishment in the student athletes.
- Enjoys the sport and working with this age level.
- Able to teach and demonstrate skill development as well as advanced technique.
- Able to assist in coordinating and assisting an off-season program.
- Work with local Recreation programs on development and increased participation in the lower levels and high school program.
- Positive Role Model.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Has a thorough knowledge of all the athletic policies
- Substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport
- Has knowledge of existing system, state and league regulations; implements same consistently and interprets them for staff.
- Good Communication skills.
- Understands the proper administrative line of command and refers all requests or grievances through proper channels. Is aware of all public/staff/departmental meetings that require attendance.