The position is responsible for assisting the Head Coach with organizing and instructing the Boys' Golf program at Orange Lutheran High School. The Assistant Boys' Golf Coach will assist with conducting practices, motivating students, and instructing student-athletes in-game strategies and techniques in preparation for competition.
- Assist the Head Coach with instructing players on the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organize and direct individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the head coach.
- Assess players' skills, monitors players during competition and practice, and keep the head coach informed of the athletic performance of students.
- Report student concerns to the Head Coach.
- Assist with determining game strategy.
- Assists the Head Coach with supervising athletes during practices and competition.
- Follow established procedures in the event of an athlete's injury.
- Model good sportsmanship in behavior maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Maintain the equipment room in an orderly condition and assume responsibility for its security.
- Excellent instructional skills; Identifies the educational and training needs of students and coaches, training, mentoring, and helping them to improve knowledge or skills.
- Use appropriate training methods. Accurately monitors/assesses the performance.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Conveys information effectively; actively listens, giving full attention to what others are saying; writes so that others will understand; maintains timely and appropriate communication with the head coach, students, parents, and administrators.
- Effective interpersonal skills; effectively motivate, coaches, develops, and directs others, establishes effective working relationships with the head coach, students, parents, and administrators.