The Assistant/JV2 Golf Coach will assist head coach in leading the high school Golf program. Lead in establishing an environment in which student-athletes can gain self-esteem and develop a positive self-image. Committed to good sportsmanship, program equity and inclusion, a winning attitude and a commitment to student academic success.
Essential Job Functions:
- Follows and maintains District policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates loyalty to the Head Golf Coach and the HRVHS athletics programs.
- Serves as a role model and encourages good sportsmanship, both on and off the field.
- Assists instruction and demonstrates skill sets and techniques necessary for individual and team achievement in Golf.
- Assists in planning and setting-up activities, practices and games.
- Respects time allotted to golf practices as determined by the Head Coach.
- Travels with student athletes on the team bus, both to and from games.
- Adheres to all financial policies of the District in regard to the collection and disbursement of money, expenses, and receipts.
- Maintains necessary records and completes required paperwork in a specified time and manner.
- Previous coaching experience.
- Subject knowledge of Golf.
- Ability to collaborate with youth programs, students, parents, the community, staff, and other HRVHS coaches.
- Ability to coach in collaboration with the Head Golf Coach.
- Willingness to coach after school, travel, and supervise students.
- Meet attendance requirements for the position.
- Possess current First Aid and CPR certification.
- Possess OSAA/State Department of Education Coaching certification (NFHS or ASEP), Steroid and Concussion Training Certification.