Under the direction of a licensed staff member, provide support to Early Childhood Education (ECE) program stakeholders and promote awareness of early childhood best practices. Conduct outreach and form community partnerships to engage resources for program families.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides the head coach with information pertaining to his/her level of the program (scores, schedules, sites, discipline concerns, procedures and is directly responsible for inventory of supplies and equipment, etc.) Schedules and attends practice sessions, develops and implements individual/team training plans by the day, week, month, year as appropriate for their level in conjunction with the overall program goals/philosophy.
- Makes sure each athlete is cleared from the athletic office to participate.
- Complies with the rules and regulations as established by CCSD, Centennial League, and the Colorado High School Activities Association.
- Monitors athlete’s attendance/behavior/academic status.
- Ability to use approved first-aid and CPR skills.
- Understands the signs and symptoms of concussion and removes players that are exhibiting signs and symptoms of concussion.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Assist with the organization and developing the high school program.
- Basic knowledge of boys lacrosse.
- Possess or has the ability to acquire a valid Colorado Coaching Certificate.
- Successfully pass the CHSAA coaches test, acquire CHSSA coaching registration and complete a concussion course per State Legislation and CHSAA By-Laws.
- CPR & AED Certification required.