The Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting the head coach in the growth and development of student athletes by focusing on fundamental skills instruction with an emphasis on whole child development to include expectations for academic and athletic excellence, leadership skills, and positive social relationships. The Assistant Coach will maintain open and honest communication with students, parents, coaches, and administrators.
- Provide age and skill-appropriate training and instruction and coaching to students for the purpose of developing student skills abilities attitudes, sportsmanship, teamwork, and self-esteem.
- Teach rules and safety and provide a variety of guidance, instruction, and experiences to enhance students’ personal, physical, social, and emotional development.
- Promote student participation in all sports and the value of being a multi-sport athlete in a positive manner.
- Supervise student behavior, correct behavior, and maintain discipline consistent with WIAA regulations and district/building policies and procedures.
- Assist in scheduling sport-related events including coaching meetings, practices, and games; and logistics related to the sport including transportation and parent meetings.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of student athletes. Provide first aid to injured or ill students and/or refer to appropriate staff as applicable.
- Establish and maintain professional interactions with students, staff, parents, and the general public.
- Strictly follow fiscal-related procedure/policies and utilize other resources effectively. Conduct fundraising activities as needed.
- Knowledge of the specific sport, its rules, required skills and abilities, coaching techniques, game strategy, and student development.
- Skill and ability to develop and instruct student athletes, and to apply effective game strategy.
- Skill and ability to motivate students, and to impart sportsmanship, teamwork, and self-esteem.
- Skill and ability to effectively communicate with a variety of constituents.
- Skill and ability to develop teamwork and collaboration of various stakeholders.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain trust and confidentiality.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to develop professional and positive relationships with others.