The assistant coach plays a vital role in the success of a sports program and the cooperation and loyalty to the head coach, understanding and patience with participants and managers, industry and devotion to duty are essential personal qualities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Have understanding and knowledge of rules and regulations regarding the sport as presented in Oregon School Activities Association Handbook.
- Keep abreast of all rules and rule changes.
- Keep abreast of new developments, innovative ideas, and techniques by attendance at clinics and workshops.
- Assist head coach in carrying out assigned responsibilities.
- Assist in implementing the athletic objectives of the sport.
- Assume responsibility for constant care of equipment and facilities.
- Assume supervisory control over athletes and teams assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Must have or be able to obtain NFHS Certification and Steroid and Concussion Management Training.
- Must have or willing to attend Blood Borne Pathogens, Sexual Harassment, Bullying Prevention and Child Abuse Training.
- Must be willing to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Must have or be able to obtain a First Aid and CPR certification.