Saline High School is seeking an outstanding individual to serve as an assistant boys swim and dive coach. Interested candidates must understand their responsibility to be exemplary role models, (on and off the job) great teachers, (of sport-specific and general life skills) and great communicators, (with players, parents and the community at large).
- Has the ability to organize, supervise and provide leadership for a total sport program within the framework of the total athletic program.
- Has previous successful coaching experience in assigned sport.
- The Head Coach must have substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and at the same time must be able to coordinate, plan, evaluate and implement his/her program.
- An ability to follow the expectations as outlined by the MHSAA, the SEC and Saline Area Schools.
The Athletic Director and Head Coach
To instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the student-athlete shall receive instruction that will lead to the formation of moral values, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline and self-confidence.
- The success of athletic programs has a strong influence on the community’s image of the entire system. The public exposure is a considerable responsibility and community/parent pressure for winning performance is taxing, but must not over-ride the objectives of good sportsmanship and good mental health.
- The position includes the responsibility for other unusual aspects such as extended time, risk injury factor and due process predicaments.
- It is the expressed intent of this job description to give sufficient guidance to functions. In cases not specifically covered, it shall be assumed that a coach shall exercise common sense and good judgment.
Assistant Coach Job Description:
- Has a thorough knowledge of all the athletic policies.
- Has knowledge of existing system, state and league regulations.
- Understands the proper administrative chain of command and refers all requests or grievances through proper channels.
- Is aware of public/staff/departmental meetings that require attendance.
- Conducts himself/herself and his/her teams in an ethical manner during practices and competition and promotes good sportsmanship by modeling appropriate behavior.
- Serves as a positive role model.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director and/or Head Coach.
SALARY RANGE: Per the Master Agreement between the Saline Board of Education and the SEA – depending upon experience
MHSAA season begins November 25, 2019
Out-of-season activities occur year-round as allowed by MHSAA