Seaman USD #345 has an opening for an Assistant Boys Swim Coach for the 2019-20 school year.
Candidate must have coaching experience and/or have competed in SWIMMING or DIVING.
Position is responsible for coaching student athletes in competitive swim techniques to prepare them for competition. Position motivates student athletes to develop an appreciation of the sport of swim and dive. This position runs from 11/18/19 to 2/22/20.
1. Works with players during practices and meets.
2. Holds organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages students to participate.
3. Assesses skills and assigns individual strengths for meet events.
4. Develops a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
5. Works with the athletic director in scheduling facilities for practices and competition.
6. Coaches and instructs players, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
7. Observes athletes, during meets and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
8. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior and provides proper supervision of students at all times.
9. Monitors the academic performance of team members to ensure that eligibility requirements are met.
10. Follows established procedures in the event of an injury.
11. Conferences with parents/guardians, as necessary, regarding the performance of their student.
12. Follows KSHSAA regulations governing the program.
13. Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards athletes, officials, and spectators.
14. Follows established procedures for supplies and uniforms.
15. Participates in special activities to include parent’s night, banquets, award nights, and pep assemblies.
16. Maintains eligibility forms, emergency data cards, insurance records, equipment inventory, and other related records.
17. Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.