Under the direction of the building athletic director/principal, head coach and assistant coach instructs and works with athletes to prepare them for competition.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate information regarding expectation, practices, competitions and other events with parents, players and administration in a timely manner.
- Conduct orientation programs for parents, athletes and assistant coaches.
- Develop procedures and establish open communication with parents and athletes to address any issues or concerns related to the team.
- Condition athletes appropriately for activities requiring endurance, strength and agility.
- Supervise and conduct practices and contests safely; supervise locker rooms and vehicles.
- Teach sportsmanship, cooperation, work ethic and responsibility to one’s team.
- Respond to player injuries with approved first aid techniques.
- Model appropriate behavior and sportsmanship in and out of the athletic arena.
- Provide coverage for absent coaches.
CORE BEHAVIORS & COMPETENCIES:
- Three or more years previous coaching experience at high school or college or higher level in the sport being coached.
- Knowledge of overall operation of an athletic program.
- Must pass a district background check.
- Possess valid CPR/First-Aid, Pupil Activity Permit, Fundamental of Coaching, Concussion in Sports Course certificates and Cardiac Arrest Course Certificate.
- All things being equal, hiring priority is given to DEA credentialed teachers.