South Kingstown High School: South Kingstown High School is a public high school, dedicated to developing students to become problem solvers, critical thinkers, effective communicators, technology users, and contributing members to a global workforce and society. South Kingstown High School is a grade 9-12 comprehensive high school serving over 800 students.
- Assist the Head Coach with supervising athletes during practices and competition.
- Assist the Head Coach with instructing players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organize and direct individual and small group practice activities as directed by the Head Coach.
- Assist the Head Coach with game strategy.
- Maintains the equipment in orderly condition and assumes responsibility for its security.
- Model behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- 1-3 years of experience coaching Tennis at the High School level preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of the game is paramount. Extensive knowledge of current coaching techniques and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to instruct and supervise student athletes.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess the ability to relate to students and to teach them on and off the court.
- Must be willing to accept a high level of accountability.
- Must possess the ability to assess players.