The Jefferson City School District is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Coach – Assistant to aid the Head Coach in serving the district’s 9,000 students who attend 11 elementary schools, 2 middle schools, 2 high school, 1 alternative school, 1 pre-school and a variety of alternative educational offerings and services.
- Plans and schedules a regular program of practice in season.
- Works closely with the head coach to enforce discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times, and to establish and oversee penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
- Demonstrates effective human relations and communication skills.
- Assists the head coach with the organization and supervision of the sports program.
- Complies with good safety practices.
- Complies with all district rules, regulations and policies.
- Other duties/responsibilities deemed necessary as may be assigned.
- Valid Missouri teacher certificate.
- Employment as a teacher in the Jefferson City School District.
- Previous coaching experience in assigned sport, preferred.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the board may deem appropriate.