The Assistant Boys' Varsity Hockey Coach is responsible for coaching and providing direction and instruction to student athletes so that they can achieve a high level of skill as well as an appreciation for discipline, sportsmanship and teamwork.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Use a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs and improve the abilities of student athletes.
- Manage and supervise athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, discipline, respect, and good sportsmanship.
- Work with other members of school staff to plan and put in place instructional goals and objectives to ensure the overall educational development of student athletes.
- Ensures that all coaches work together toward a common goal and provide unity with a structured feeder system.
- Establish performance criteria for competition and evaluate students’ athletic abilities initially and on a regular basis.
- Take all necessary precautions to protect student athletes, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Monitor and enforce student eligibility criteria for extracurricular participation.
- Work with the Athletic Director to schedule competitions and coordinate arrangements.
- Accompany and supervise student athletes during athletic competitions in assigned sports on out-of-town trips.
- Apply and enforce student discipline during athletic contests, practice sessions, and while on trips off school property in accordance with the student handbook.