The Waukegan Community Unit School District No. 60 has set an ambitious agenda for change, guided by the belief that all children, regardless of circumstances, can achieve at high levels and academic gaps can and will be eliminated with the support of teachers who deliver engaging, relevant, and academically rigorous instruction that excites students and instills a love of learning in them.
- Build a positive relationship with booster club, community, teaching staff, coaching staff, student body, and administration;
- Supervise student athletes;
- Instill the value of physical fitness, social development, sportsmanship, and academic achievement in student athletes;
- Provide adequate instructions for fundamentals;
- Demonstrate techniques and mechanics of fundamentals;
- Evaluate student athlete techniques and mechanic for fundamentals;
- Correct flaws and defects in student athletes performances;
- Plan strategies for competition.
- Be supportive of the head coach;
- Accept duties assigned by the head coach;
- Respects and enforces the letter and intent of rules and regulation and Code of Behavior with integrity;
- Dress appropriately for practice and games;
- Display enthusiasm in coaching;
- Develops athletes’ leadership skills;
- Help players develop and strengthen values and morals;
- Exhibits knowledge of the sport;
- Maintain high ethical standard for coaches and students;
- Promote all sports in the athletic program;
- Cooperative in sharing facilities.