- Valid Colorado Teachers License preferred, however other candidate credentials will also be considered.
- Must possess a strong, comprehensive knowledge of the sport.
- Experience working with high school athletes.
- Ability to work as an integral part of the coaching staff.
- Must be knowledgeable of proper fitness and conditioning techniques necessary for athletes; must have a current First Aid certificate or equivalent.
- Fulfill the responsibilities of his/her teaching assignment as priority if currently employed as a district teacher.
- Adhere to the rules, regulations, stipulations, and policies of the Colorado High School Activities Association.
- Assist with the training of participants in sport techniques, fundamentals, sportsmanship, and proper place of sports in learning discipline and team cooperation; teach team concepts; attend clinics and conferences with staff to keep updated in current trends in the sport.
- Responsible for inventory, issuance, control, collection, cleaning, and storage of all uniforms, equipment materials, and supplies related to the sport.
- Assist in developing daily, weekly, and seasonal practice schedules with special emphasis on the assistant coaches for maximum utilization of personnel.
- Assist in submitting end-of-season report, inventory, and budget requests.
Mapleton Public Schools, Adams County District #1 does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities