Under the general supervision of the Club Coach, Baseball, the Assistant Club Coach, Baseball provides support and assistance of the intercollegiate club baseball program, but is not limited to the following aspects; preparation of training/practice sessions, pregame organization and scouting reports, team travel arrangements, recruiting, managing recruiting database, assist with recruiting tours of the University, assist toward instruction/knowledge of collegiate baseball, and professional communication in regards to the Coaching staff and individual players.
- Promote the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program; to include adhering to an enforcing all Departmental policies and procedures, as well as rules and regulations of the University, and the NCBA.
- Work in conjunction with the Club Coach, Baseball to encourage the development of psychological, social and mental skills necessary for the student-athlete to be successful in the classroom, on the field, and in future endeavors.
- Monitor the conditioning and training of student athletes
- Work with the Club Coach, Baseball in developing routines, strategies, and individual workout and practice needs for various student-athletes.
- Serve as a role model for the student-athletes by exhibiting ethical and professional conduct.
- In cooperation with the Head Club Coach, the Assistant Club Coach will develop and maintain a system to identify potential recruits and to work closely with high school and travel coaches to recruit quality student-athletes to Stevenson University.
- Bachelor's degree plus 2 years of progressively responsible experience; significant coaching experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Commitment to Division III philosophy and experience with the National Club Baseball Association (NCBA) preferred.
- Valid driver license with good driving record: must be insurable.