Under the direction of the Director of Recreation and Competitive Sports, the Club Men’s Volleyball Assistant Coach is responsible for the recruitment, selection, and operation of the team in conjunction with the team’s Head Coach and executive board.
- The assistant coach is required to be present during all practices and games, ensuring all safety standards and guidelines as defined by the National Collegiate Volleyball Federation Governance, NECVL, and Bentley University.
- The assistant coach will help the head coach with skill development and volleyball techniques and strategies in practices and games.
- Attend required league meetings in coordination with the Head Coach.
- Work with Team President and Head Coach on scheduling games in accordance with NECVL.
- Attend away games and post-season tournaments that may require overnight stays.
- Assist in creating, instructing, and implementing in-game strategies and practice plans.
- Represent Bentley University in a manner that is consistent with the mission of the university and Bentley Athletics.
- High School Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- Minimum of 1-3 years prior coaching or playing experience with a competitive Volleyball Program, working with a higher education undergraduate population or adolescent/young adult individuals, as in a school, camp, or related setting.
- Demonstrated leadership and coaching abilities with a commitment to developing and maintaining a positive and productive playing environment.
- Prior experience teaching volleyball skills/techniques to individuals with varying skill-levels.
- Proven ability to work effectively with diverse groups. Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical, and decision-making skills.