The Women’s Club Hockey Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting the head coach and team’s eBoard in all aspects of the team’s hockey operations. The assistant coach is required to be present during all practices and games, ensuring all safety standards and guidelines as defined by the American Collegiate Hockey Association (ACHA) governing rules, as well as the IWCHL.
- Make appropriate decisions regarding the safety and playing ability of team members.
- Help the head coach in the planning and execution of all team practices.
- Assist on bench for all team games in the execution of game plan.
- Be available to team members to counsel on matters relating to Women’s Ice Hockey, and team morale.
- Meet as needed with the Director of Competitive Sports, Athletic Department, and Bentley Arena staff.
- Represent Bentley University in a manner that is consistent with the mission of the University.
- Assist with recruitment and awareness efforts with regards to Women’s Club Ice Hockey as needed. This includes, but is not limited to, information sessions, university events, community outreach, and related support throughout the season/offseason.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-3 years experience playing and/or coaching hockey, preferably in a University club sport program.
- Experience working with an undergraduate population or traditional university aged students.
- First Aid and CPR training is required.
- Safesport certified through USA Hockey.
- Must hold and maintain a valid, unrestricted United States driver’s license, with an insurable driving history as determined by Bentley’s insurance carrier.