The Women’s Asst. Rugby Coach is responsible for the recruitment, selection and operation of the team in conjunction with the Head Coach and Captains for the fall and spring seasons. The Asst. Coach is required to schedule and be present during all practices and matches (as determined by the Head Coach), ensuring all safety standards as defined by USA Rugby, New England Rugby Football Union (NERFU) and Bentley University are met in full.
- Make appropriate decisions regarding the safety and playing ability of team members.
- Act in the capacity of the Head Coach when necessary.
- Attend all practices and matches in accordance with Head Coach, Bentley, New England Rugby Football Union and USA Rugby guidelines and standards.
- Represent Bentley University in a manner that is consistent with the mission of the University.
- Along with the Head Coach, ensure that all team members are in good academic standing, have filed the appropriate paperwork (Health statement, Liability and Indemnity Waiver, Anti-Hazing Form)
- Be available to team members to counsel on matters relating to Women’s Rugby and team morale.
- Meet as needed with the Head Rugby Coach.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 1-3 years prior coaching or playing experience with a competitive varsity rugby team.
- Demonstrated leadership and coaching abilities with a commitment to developing and maintaining a positive and productive playing environment.
- Proven ability to work effectively with diverse groups. Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Possess certification as a coach, preferably by USA Rugby.
- First Aid/CPR certification
- Ability to work and/or travel to include evening and weekends.