The College of Wooster is seeking an Assistant Coach for the Baseball program. This position assists in the coaching duties of one of a variety of individual or team intercollegiate team sports programs governed by NCAA Operating Bylaws. Oversees one or more specified areas of a sporting discipline or component of a team, and assists the Head Coach with all aspects of recruitment and training of student-athletes, and the total organization and administration of the program, as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Head Coach in organizing, preparing, and conducting individual and team practices, training, and competition.
- Assists with the design of workout programs and training routines to improve athletic performance.
- Assists, as directed with implementing and supervising athletic training, strength, and conditioning workouts, provides technical support and training to athletes, as appropriate to the sport.
- Conducts recruitment of student-athletes in accordance with NCAA rules.
- Oversees and coordinates one or more specified areas of a sporting discipline and/or a component of a team, as appropriate to the sport being coached.
- Maintains a good working relationship with other College departments and athletic administrative and coaching staff.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge and understanding of the baseball program. Knowledge of NCAA regulations and guidelines governing the recruitment and retention of student-athletes.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must have a valid driver's license and appropriate sport specific certification.
The College of Wooster is an independent college of the liberal arts and sciences with a commitment to excellence in undergraduate education. The College values diversity, strives to attract qualified women and minority candidates, and encourages individuals belonging to these groups to apply. Wooster seeks to ensure diversity by its policy of employing persons without regard to age, sex, color, race, creed, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or political affiliation.
The College of Wooster is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Employment is subject to federal laws requiring verification of identity and legal right to work in the United States as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act. The College of Wooster is a drug-free workplace.
For highest consideration please submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of 3 professional references which includes name, telephone number and email address.