This is a fulltime assistant coaching position, reporting to the Head Baseball Coach. The primary function is to assist the Head Baseball Coach in the supervision and coordination of the activities of the baseball program. This is an NCAA Division I baseball program competing in the Pac-12 conference, in full compliance with Pac-12 and NCAA rules.
The University’s strength in undergraduate education and scientific research is paralleled by its excellence on the playing fields, courts and other venues of its 21-sport Intercollegiate Athletic Program. The Arizona Wildcats compete in the tradition-rich Pac-12 Conference, “The Conference of Champions.” For a more comprehensive view of what makes working in our department unique, please visit the websites at: www.arizonawildcats.com.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with student-athlete progress toward graduation
- Assist in the student-athlete recruiting process
- Develop infielders and assist with team defense
- Assist the Head Coach with development of team offense
- Assist with fund raising functions through the Dugout Club, the baseball sport interest group
- Work collaboratively with equipment manager and student managers in procurement and use of equipment
- Promote academic, athletic and social excellence with baseball student-athletes
- Promote the University, the Athletics Department, and the Baseball Program through public relations activities
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- College coaching experience
- Knowledge of NCAA Compliance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Knowledge of NCAA and Pac-12 rules and compliance
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and has a positive demeanor
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including the ability to plan, establish priorities and successfully manage multiple priority projects
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive interpersonal relations
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all organizational levels, and project a positive, professional attitude
- Masters degree
- Four years college baseball coaching experience
FLSA Exempt Full Time/Part Time Full Time Number of Hours Worked per Week 40 + nights and weekends Job Category Administrative and Professional Benefits Eligible Yes - Full Benefits Posted Rate of Pay DOE