This position manages and supports a SGA club team (Baseball Club). The coach assists the head coach to help the Babson College students who are members of the club better themselves and help the group to grow as a team. The coach gains valuable experience working in the field that the coach feels passionate about.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Serve as a mentor to members of the club.
- Teach the members of the club teamwork and help them learn from their mistakes as part of the cycle of Entrepreneurial Thought and Action.
- Plan and execute practice sessions to prepare the club for competition.
- Design physical training sessions and interface with medical training staff to ensure the physical health of the students in the participation in the club.
- Create and manage the club’s strategy in competition.
- Ensures any student issues or concerns are communicated to appropriate members of the Babson community.
- Assume additional responsibilities as required.
WHAT EDUCATION AND SKILLS YOU WILL NEED:
- Must have experience surrounding the club and prior experience with the sport, as a player or coach at the collegiate or professional level.
- Must complete concussion training course “Concussion Awareness - Coaches and Athletic Staff,” or a substitute course approved by Babson College Sports Medicine.
- Must obtain/maintain current CPR and First Aid certification from the Red Cross or American Heart Association.
- Must complete Title IX Training as required of all Babson College employees.
- Ability to envision and propose new methods to perform tasks that support ET&A; take thoughtful risks; and accept new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.