Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and recruit academically and athletically qualified student-athletes for admission to the University with adherence to admissions and athletic department policies and procedures.
- Identify and evaluate high school and junior college talent through evaluation at games, tournaments, and film.
- Weekly phone conversations with prospects.
- Junior recruiting – Identify prospects and follow-up as requested by the head coach.
- Request transcript from recruits and follow up with appropriate calls to registrar and high school counselors.
- Work directly with the USD admissions’ liaison in an effective and efficient manner.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least two years of related experience in coaching baseball, preferably at the college level.
- Employment is contingent upon the results of a background investigation.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Heartsaver CPR /AED / First Aid certification required. Must have this certificate within 6 weeks of employment.
- Must pass NCAA Division I Coaches Recruiting Test, (yearly). Must complete this within 6 weeks of employment.
- California driver’s license required within 6 weeks of employment.