This position will assist with the recruitment, guidance, education and development of student-athletes to achieve their fullest potential with the fundamental characteristics and requirements that are necessary to conduct and produce a successful university intercollegiate baseball program while instilling the importance of academic achievements at the Division I level.
What You'll Do:
- Assist the Head Baseball Coach with the regular practice sessions in and out of season, as permitted. Coach the team during scheduled events. Implements strategies necessary to motivate the players to maximum levels of individual and team performance.
- Maintain continual knowledge of all applicable NCAA, Big 12 Conference, University and department rules and regulations.
- Assist the Head Baseball Coach with the recruitment of quality student-athletes and coordinate said recruiting activities with the athletic compliance staff.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the Head Baseball Coach.
- Report directly to the Head Baseball Coach; must also work closely with all others involved with carrying out the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletic program.
- Exhibit a level of expertise in their professional fields; must also treat the academic requirements necessary for progress toward a degree as a matter of the highest priority for the student-athletes in their charge and must actively encourage them to succeed academically and graduate.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Maintain high standard of ethics and integrity related to intercollegiate athletics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA Division I intercollegiate athletics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA and conference guidelines, policies, rules and regulations with the ability to interpret, apply, enforce and explain such policies and rules.
- Successfully complete NCAA certification exam annually.
- Maintain knowledge of state and University policies and procedures.
- Exhibit strong creative, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of correct English, grammar, spelling, punctuation and sentence structure.