Responsible for assisting the head coach in the daily operations and overall administration of a varsity intercollegiate sport program and instruction of student- athletes, within the guidelines, rules and regulations of The University of Scranton, Landmark Conference and the NCAA.
- Develop a collegiate level pitching program.
- Lead training and practice sessions, ensuring that all appropriate safety guidelines and standards are maintained.
- Perform specific coaching and instructional responsibilities during athletic events.
- Attend coachs preparatory meetings and implement strategies resulting from these meetings.
- Develop a comprehensive and functional knowledge of the sport and maintain a thorough and continuing familiarity with all applicable University, Landmark Conference and NCAA regulations.
- Maintain current certification in CPR, First Aid & AED and recertify as needed on an annual basis.
- Must possess current state drivers license.
- Must be capable of moderate physical activity and have the ability to work and display a cooperative attitude toward all other sports programs and other functions of the University and the Athletic Department.
- Must have the ability to develop a positive working relationship with all support offices both in the department and on campus.